Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Already kicking cancers ass, wanna be next?

Hello there folks! 

As a lot of you who read this know I recently had a PET scan. This scan helps determine how much cancer I have in my body. Below is a picture of my scan, one is from January (3 months ago), and one from April (last week). The picture on the right is the January scan. It was after I was really sick for a month and basically didn't have chemo. The picture on the left is the April scan, and wow! What improvement! All the black spots in the chest area is cancer, don't worry about the two big black spots at the top and bottom of the scan. It's just my brain and my bladder!! The focus of the pictures is to see what's hanging out on the left side of my chest, which appears on the right side of the picture.


I mean wow! What improvement!! It is definitely a reason to celebrate, so celebrate I did!!! 

I'm so greatful that some of my friends go to school in Vancouver! Ofelia, Julia, and I met downtown and went for dinner! After that Ofelia and I flew over Canada while Julia went home to grab her ID! Travis was also in town so we all met at the bar and just hung out!! It was great to be out and just be like your average 19 year old!  
Julia is missing from the photo because she was taking it! But we still love her!!!

I get to be home and not really have to worry, and not feel so sick all the time. It's nice to feel a little more free! 

I guess I should also mention that I get to co-host the BC children's hospital miracle weekend telethon!!! I'm on Saturday night, May 31st!! Make sure you all tune in, oh, and donate!! ;) 
See you all then! (Well, you'll see me then.)

No comments:

Post a Comment