Wednesday, May 27, 2015

The Brooke Army!

I cannot believe how many people have my back!  I have never felt more loved, supported, and humbled than I have in the last 4 years now.

Yep. 4 years.

May 30th marks the 4 years since rediagnosis. Every year I've had many ups and downs, but I've mainly tried to focus on the ups.  It's impossible not too. With being diagnosed with cancer I feel like I've created an army! It's not just me who's fighting this awful disease any more. It's everyone. 

I love reading all the amazing, kind,  and thoughtful social media posts. I may not always be able to see you, or physically hug you to show you how much I appreciate you all, but I do. I do more than words can say. I appreciate my family and friends and even strangers who keep me in their thoughts.

I never felt like I was doing anything to make a difference. I was always the one who was in awe of all the superheroes I came to know through my travels. Yet here we are, and here those words are. Everyone tells me I'm an inspiration, I'm strong, and I'm someone to look up to. I never thought I'd ever become this type of role model, I never saw myself as a leader.

There are young kids out there who need a voice, and I am more than willing to step up and do that for them.

When my superheroes need a side kick, I'll be there to get the job done.

Thank you, thank you, thank you for supporting me, and creating what I now wish to call TBA (the Brooke Army!)

I love all of you, and appreciate you more than words can fathom!

1 comment:

  1. I am glad to be part of TBA. You should be very proud of how much you have accomplished to further the awareness of childhood cancer and for doing so with such a great attitude and grace. You are an inspiration to me. Lots of love from Fernie.

    ReplyDelete