Monday, September 30, 2013

Oh the people you meet: part 1


I will start this post by saying that the people I meet will be in "parts" so I can highlight each individual or group of people and how they have impacted me. Also, I'm not done meeting people yet!

Today I met a young group of volunteers who attend Capilano University and they call themselves "Ronald's Helping Heroes". After talking to them this evening I can definitely say they are heroes!
Not only did they cook a wonderful meal for the families at the Ronald McDonald House, but when they sat and talked to the families tonight, they were engaged 100% and genuinely wanted to hear what we had to say. This is a group of young adults making a huge impact in other people's lives. People who need help and care are able to receive it thanks to people like the Ronald's Helping Heroes!

I want to help them out as much as I can, if I am ever in Vancouver during one of their events I will do everything I can to get there just to help! Maybe I could act as a spokesperson!

To check out these guys and even help along with their campaign go to their website and follow their Facebook and twitter!

http://capuwedo.kintera.org
Twitter: @RHHBC2013

2 comments:

  1. So wonderful to know of "young people" wanting to make a difference for others!
    Just returned from a Canadian Cancer Society Southern Interior Regional Conference in Penticton and had the privilege of meeting various College students who are involved in their respective communities. (Kamloops, Kelowna, Trail, Castlegar) and other places, too.
    Corinne
    (P.S. I'm technologically challenged plus don't have "profiles" as suggested below..so I guess I have to say Anonymous ?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're awesome Brooke! I had a blast cooking and hanging with you, your fam, and the others at the RMH. Look forward to seeing you agin soon!

    ReplyDelete