Monday, February 17, 2014

Expect the worst, hope for the best.

Waiting... Waiting.... Waiting.... 

The time between the scans and the appointments is brutal. We are so on edge waiting for results because we never know what the results are going to be. It's hard to continually keep ourselves busy, and no matter how hard we try we are always thinking about what the next appointment could bring. 

We want to go in thinking positively, but when you go in with high hopes it's so easy to be let down. So we have learned to do exactly what this post is titled: expect the worst, but hope for the best.

We have learned to accept the good with the bad, and every time we are prepared to hear the words "it's good, but..." 

And yes, there usually is a "but", and a pain in mine. 

Now I never really had the chance to finish this post before my appointment, the one where we got good news, so I can't recall exactly how I felt. Especially now I'm overwhelmed with positivity and I don't ever want to let this feeling go. I think for a while I almost did. I was so sick all the time and I wasn't getting any results. In almost 2 years of chemo treatments nothing happened, and I was getting my hopes up. I knew we were only holding this illness at bay, and I started to feel like I would be doing this my entire life. I would like to live a normal life at some point. I don't want to take what feels like 5 million pills a day, and constantly worry about not being able to hug someone because their nose is a little runny, or they sneezed 5 minutes ago. 

A channel on YouTube called "TheFineBros" do a series of react videos, so kids, teens, and elders react to viral videos, and are then asked questions. Recently they had teens react to "The Fault In Our Stars" trailer, and one of the questions, and some of they're responses to it made me feel like they actually understood that we are still humans, and we still want to be treated normally. Seriously check it out! And even some of the other react videos! I'm so thankful they do this! 

Here's a link to the video!

No comments:

Post a Comment